Welcome to the Town Center - Blind Lions Club Website. On December 7th, 2013 forty club members met with the District Governor 24-D Donnie Johnson at the Endependence Center.
The focus of our club since it was founded in 1976 has been to serve the people of Virginia Beach and work with other major organizations representing the sight impaired.
Fun, fellowship and voluntary service is what our club is all about. We encourage service minded people to serve their community without personal or financial reward to aid others by giving their sympathy to those in distress, aid to the weak and substance to the needy.
We have many events where we raise funds for our causes. Two of these are the 400 Raffle and White Cane Days. We also sell brooms that are from Blind made products company.
Here are some of the services we have provided or organizations we have donated to in the last year:
- Local High School Scholarships
- Virginia Beach Rescue Squad
- Burkeville Lodge for the Blind
- Prevent Blindness Virginia-Leader Dog Program
- Audible Easter Egg Hunt
- Salvation Army Food Bank
- Canine Companions for Independence
- Central Virginia Hearing Aid Bank
- Eyeglasses and exams for residents of Virginia Beach in need of financial assistance
- PediaVision eye exams for students at Virginia Beach City Public Schools
Lions are an international network of 1.3 million men and women in 205 countries and geographic areas who work together to answer the needs that challenge communities around the world.